Thursday, June 23, 2011

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night...

picaroons.ca
... at least in my glass it was.

When it comes to beers, I'm not a pale ale girl. Reds or Stouts all the way. And the Dark and Stormy Night by Picaroons is one of my favorites. It's just gorgeous to look at and I swear I taste molasses and coffee. Mmmm...coffee.

Served up at the Saint John Ale House by a charming waiter, I enjoyed my Dark and Stormy Night with most likely the best veggie burger I have ever had. Truly. A black bean patty with tomatoes, onions, lettuce and goat cheese. Oh boy! The condiments brought to the table were never touched. Ketchup, really? (she says with disdain.) I highly recommend it.

But you won't find it on the menu. Apparently, it's one of those mystery items you hear them promoting on twitter...like the elusive gnocchi, which I must go back and try some day. So you've just got to ask. I understand it is their Wednesday special. Personally, I love the idea of having specials that aren't on a menu. I like surprises.

And is it just me or does that place only hire attractive people? Just sayin'.

Tammy
One of The Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment