Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brains Storm Better When Fed

Can we meet? Are you free for lunch? Coffee?

The best meetings seem to happen over food. Is this just a maritime phenomena? I don't think we can claim that honor as I've been wined and dined by some amazing people with varying nationalities. But I will say we do it well. Oh, we do it well!

Brains storm better when fed.

And in Saint John we seem to have a plethora of great dining options just popping up all over the place. It's part of why I love living here. Restaurants who cook real, whole food in brilliant atmospheres, with knowledgeable staff and great service.

Today, The Girls, took our meeting with Danielle from Women in Business to Britt's Pub and Eatery, a restaurant we had only followed on twitter up until now. Have a meeting? Great excuse to try it.

I love the crisp yet warm feeling the pub gives you when you walk it. Lots of natural light and areas for privacy.

One of us are trying a gluten-free diet so we naturally wondered what could a pub possibly offer other than salad. We were over the moon when the waitstaff were perfectly knowledgable about what was on the menu she could eat. This pub carries gluten free bread!! Snaps to them for investing in their clientele this major way.

The staff did recommend staying away from the spring rolls as they did have gluten and shellfish. So appreciated their expertise on their menu!

Taken from Britt's Facebook Page
We three did end up being salad girls even though the bangers and mash were calling me. And what delicious salads they were: caesar, spinach and garden. I had the spinach: roasted pecans, strawberries, apple, goat cheese, and their homemade grapefruit dressing that gave the sweet kick I was looking for.

My mind was focused on the business at hand so I didn't think to take pictures. Next time, when I go back to try the curry fries....hmmm, maybe I'll have a meeting with a photographer. Giggle.

I did find a picture on their Facebook page of their caesar salad for your pleasure. I hope they don't mind me using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment