Monday, January 31, 2011

Vegetarian Burritos

I've been doing some reading lately on diets and health related issues. I'm no where near done studying the topic but my initial foray into the topic has me fasting from meat.

According to a lot of what I have read, enjoying a meat-based diet just isn't great for your health. From what I understand eating this way can not only contribute to but cause some cases of cancer, dementia, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, etc. As I said, I'm not done studying and am by no means an expert...this is just what I have understood from the scientific, cultural, and even biblical readings I have consumed so far.

Now I love meat, but if it truly isn't so great for me, the question becomes: "who do I love more?" So I'm watching my meat consumption for now.

I found this great recipe for Vegetarian Burritos and tried them out yesterday on myself and my snowshoeing partner. It was yummy, filling, and sustained us during our afternoon hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment